Interested in joining the PageDesk team? We are hiring!
IT Support Technician
Duties include the following:
* Provide clients with support via on-site, phone, remote control, and off site visits.
* Work with and fix Apple/Android devices.
* Install, configure, and provide support for PCs, servers, and networking equipment.
* Monitor ticket queues and alerts to resolve issues.
* Configure, monitor, and maintain backup and disaster recovery systems.
* Install, configure and provide support for VoIP products.
* Ability to check in/out computers/devices as they arrive.
* Provide customer service relations with customers that arrive.
* Drive new business with follow up and able to implement marketing strategies.
Ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
* Excellent communication skills; both with clients and co-workers.
* Proficient with Microsoft Windows Server and desktop operating system configuration and support. Optional Linux based support proficiency.
* Deep understanding of networking protocols, switches, routers, WiFi, etc.
* Microsoft MCP, MCITP and Cisco CCNA certifications, or the ability to quickly gain them.
* Understanding of basic VoIP/SIP technology .
* Ability to consult clients on needs and provide solution recommendations. Sales ability is a huge added benefit.
* Reliable vehicle for daily travel to client sites (mileage reimbursement provided).
* Clean background, drug free.
* High school diploma. Related college degree preferred, but not required if experience is equivalent
* Flexible availability for client emergencies that may include occasionally working evenings and/or weekends.
* Must reside in or near Will county, IL
* Salary based on experience/ability.
* Mileage reimbursement for personal vehicle usage